Northern Local LPDC Information
To contact the LPDC, please email NorthernLPDC@gmail.com.
An educator/staff member wishing to renew a professional license must receive the approval of his or her Local Professional Development Committee for an Individual Professional Development Plan and complete the required amount of professional development during their renewal cycle:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 180 contact hours (or 18 CEUs) in workshops or equivalent activities related to their IPDP goals as approved by their Local Professional Development Committee.
- Coursework, workshops, or other equivalent activities may be combined.
An educator MUST have a current, approved IPDP on file with the LPDC before earning credits/contact hours/CEUs that qualify for license renewal.
Obtain prior approval online and refer to the Equivalent Activities Options chart for professional development requirements.
All meetings are open to members. Please email the LPDC if you plan to attend so that we can add your time to the Agenda.
Northern Local LPDC Online Form Management System
- Online Form Management System
- Professional Development Activities
- Meeting dates, times, locations
- Member List
Ohio Dept. of Ed.- How to renew a 5 year license.
Accredited Institution Database - Verify that a college or university is accredited.
Go to SAFE account login -Apply with ODE for license renewal.
Click on LPDC Forms and References on the left for more important information.
IMPORTANT RENEWAL DEADLINES
During the year of your renewal:
March 1: All documentation of professional development is due to the LPDC.
May 1: Deadline to have your background check completed and apply for renewal through your SAFE account.
Within 30 days of the issue date of your new license obtain approval of a new IPDP.